We support the modern working mom with inspiring stories and resources. Something remarkable happens when everyday women come together to share their extraordinary stories. The Working Mom’s Podcast gives the modern woman a microphone to discuss health, wealth, and relationships. Join our host, Estate Planning Attorney Pamela Maass & owner of Law Mother. Learn More at www.LawMother.com/WorkingMoms
Tuesday Jun 15, 2021
Tuesday Jun 15, 2021
Tuesday Jun 15, 2021
“We do business with people, and that’s really the foundation of LinkedIn,” says Benita Samuels, self-proclaimed LinkedIn junkie. She goes on to explain that LinkedIn rewards people for participating and being present in the platform’s community. While LinkedIn may have originated as a place to put your digital resume, Benita warns listeners that the platform has drastically shifted gears since Microsoft acquired it in 2016. Now, LinkedIn is a place where individuals and businesses should share who they are, what they do, and how they help. In this digital age, LinkedIn provides a new forum for networking...and who wants to actively connect with the person in the corner at a networking event, who never speaks their mind or shares their authentic self?
Benita started out her career in corporate brand marketing, increasing the visibility of major brands from San Pellegrino to Nestle to Disney. She got started right as the digital world was starting to explode and has witnessed the evolution of marketing throughout the digital age. After many years in the corporate world, Benita decided to branch out and started her own business, Visibility Solutions Group, where she helps solopreneurs and small business owners boost their digital presence. Benita has also spent 19 years as a working mom and aims to set the foundation for her daughters to become strong, confident women and business people down the road.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Working Moms for an informative conversation between host Pam Maas and Benita Samuels about how to create an intentional, thoughtful and engaging presence on LinkedIn. If you are a business owner looking to increase your digital visibility, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn from one of the most knowledgeable LinkedIn gurus out there!
• “People always tell you that time goes by really quickly, and the truth of the matter: it is and it does. And so, where you are setting really wonderful examples for your children being a successful working mom, make sure you take the time to just sit and be with them, play with them….Take the time because you deserve it. Work is wonderful, I love my work, but those moments you can only capture when they’re happening, and you’ve gotta stop to appreciate them.” (0:51-1:48)
• “As a small business owner or a solopreneur, you don’t have the same financial access to tools and individuals who have a level of experience that could benefit you as a small business owner….The truth of the matter is that everything I have over the years can easily be adapted to any different varying sizes of businesses. And so it just seemed to make sense to me.” (4:35-5:20)
• “First and foremost, it doesn’t matter if you’re a solopreneur or a big business owner. Everybody should be on LinkedIn if you are in business. That is just the foundation because that is where people start.” (7:11-7:24)
• “Let’s remember that LinkedIn is not your digital resume….Your LinkedIn profile should really be about who you are, what you do, and how you help.” (9:46-10:16)
• “Social media gives this illusion that you have a relationship. So, people often say, ‘Oh, Benita, I know you! I see you on LinkedIn all the time.’ I may have never met them. But they have this belief system and a trust that they know me because I’m sharing content on LinkedIn.” (16:02-16:22)
• “Start every day with a beautiful cup of coffee...and open up your LinkedIn and spend 15 minutes going through your feed and reading what people have to say and commenting and being part of the community. That will just start to help you practice that muscle.” (30:12-30:33)
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theworkingmoms
Pamela Maass on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pamela-maass/
Law Mother Website: https://www.lawmother.com
Podcast production and show notes provided by FIRESIDE Marketing